Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Why did the Soviet Union collapse



    Once in Brezhnev's time, I was at a scientific conference in Warsaw. In the program, I found several familiar names, but at the opening of the conference, I did not see these people. I asked a common friend: "What happened? They were not given visas for this conference?" He replied: "They were given visas, but they ran to the flea market to buy jeans." Now when people ask me: "Why do you think the Soviet Union fell apart?" I say: "Because of jeans!"
    Jeans, in this case, is a general concept that includes smartphones, cars, washing machines, western sneakers and beautiful children's clothes, and much more, which in the Soviet Union were practically nonexistent, and if they were, then of inadequate quality.
    The Soviet Union maintained close relations with many countries of the third (but not the first!) World and occupied one of the first places in the world for bombs and tanks. But you can not feed children with bombs and you can not dress them in tanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment